Wednesday, July 21, 2010

McPatatas?

Yes, I am in Mexico City studying food. And yes, I took a trip to McDonalds. You see friends, in order to understand the whole of Mexico City you have to explore everything from the smallest street stand to the "Arches de orro."




There were a few differences in McDonalds in D.F. and McDonalds in the states. First of all, one has the option to order McPatatas instead of the regular fries when ordering a combo meal. McPatatas are like wedge fries in the U.S. Larger and thicker than normal fries.


Also, you always get jalepenos, that come in the same kind of container that you would normally get ketchup in. These jalapenos, that have more of a relish consistency, were my favorite part.


The one thing I was sad about was that my drink did not come with ice, but that's a small concession. Otherwise the quarter-pounder I ate was pretty much the same as the one I have had in the states. I promise not to go back here for the rest of my visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment