Monday, July 5, 2010

Breakfast in New Orleans































Once upon a time in another life I came to New Orleans for my first time. I fell in love with the city more quickly than I fall for baristas at Coffee shops. I loved all the typical clichés: food, music and drinks.

After one night of experiencing all three of these characteristics in excess, I came home to my New Orleans family Jonathon and Michelle. At that moment Jonathon decided we needed to eat a good meal at three am!

What proceeded was a drunken conversation while Mr. J cooked tapatia that he topped with artichokes in a meuniere sauce. This was the best meal I'd had in a long time and I think about it every time I come to New Orleans. So for my latest trip to the Big Easy, Jonathon decided he would make it again. This time he added gulf shrimp, corn and asparagus. Heaven on a plate. Thanks J.





No comments:

Post a Comment